If the era of operating systems, Windows stands alone as the king. And the latest king on that throne is Windows 10 Pro.
Yes, the latest, updated version of Windows that has been ruling the computers around the world. It is Windows 10.
But is it the last version of windows? Rumors are swirling around while we are learning about it.
Basic system requirements for Windows 10 Pro:
|Processor||1 GHz or faster compatible processor|
|Memory||1 GB RAM for 32-bit; 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space||<20 GB|
|Graphics card||DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver|
|Connectivity||Internet access (fees may apply)|
What you get Windows 10 Pro ??
- The current users of Windows 7 and 8 can upgrade to Windows free of cost.
- There will be two browsers, Internet Explorer 11 and Spartan.
- Built-in mobile device management (MDM) will help in the cloud storage of your documents.
- Windows 10 will be a treat to gamers as DirectX 12 API in Windows 10will provide fast closer to metal gaming performance. The additional “game DVR” mode will help in recording the last 30 seconds of the game.
- Xbox app will help to stay in touch with your gamer groupies and share your gaming experience.
- For the studious, universal Office apps will provide all the Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Microsoft will also provide compatibility with Microsoft Holographicfor 3D imaging and hologram projection for the users.
- There will be Fast Identity Online (FIDO) standard, and users can sign in into devices bybiometric tools such as fingerprint readers and retina scanners.
- Windows 10 allows Multitasking withquadrant layout. Users can use up to four apps simultaneously onthe same screen.
- The all-time favoriteAlt + Tab shortcut is back. It will ease the swap between tabs.
- The Command Prompt will allow copy and paste which will be a boon to programmers.
- There will be the introduction of the new web browser called Microsoft Edge and Cortana will be synced to it.
What you may miss?
- Users of older Windows more than three years can not upgrade directly to Windows 10.
- Computers with Windows 10 may be more costly.
- Windows media player is not updated and has no new features.
- The windows can notbe resizedusing the handle-bars
- Touch-friendly features are removed and so tablet users may face difficulty.
- The volume level cannot be adjusted anymore by using the scroll button.
- Those fed up with Windows 10, reverting the PC to the previously used version of OS may be difficult.
The latest version of Windows is a new generation design with plenty of advantages. It is compatible with social media such as Facebook and Twitter. The user interface is very attractive and the brand name itself ensures quality.
Rumors are going around that it will be the last of Windows NT series. Microsoft will be launching a new series in 2020. Therefore, new features in Windows 10 forms a bridge between the windows series and the newer series.
However, it is up to you to decide what your preferences are and how updated you want to be in computer generation. Happy Computing!